How does a mastermind group work?
A group of like-minded people meet monthly, to share challenges and solutions together. They support each other, give advice, share connections and can-do business with each other as appropriate. The group is typically facilitated by an experienced industry expert as an advisor to the group and/or a business coach who nurtures the peer-to-peer collaborations and growth. As you might imagine being accepted into the right group, if you can even find one, has significant rewards and will most definitely help you and your business grow and prosper.
There are 7 benefits why a mastermind could be right for you:
- EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY – Being accepted into the group involves an application and acceptance process. The other members need you just as much as you need them, so quality of experience and knowledge is crucial to all involved.
- ADVISORY – Being involved in a mastermind, the feeling of “being alone” while running your business is gone. The other members of the group turn into a business sounding board.
- COLLABORATION – The group works together collaboratively, to achieve more together.
- NETWORK – Joining a mastermind expands your network substantially. You instantly add to your network and typically gain the networks of those in the group with you.
- LEARNING – Masterminds often incorporate an educational component which help keep members up to date on a variety of business topics.
- PROMOTION – You will most likely find ways to help each other by utilizing cross promotion. Finding ways to help each other through sharing resources, and connections.
- STRETCH GOALS – You can’t help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by growth- oriented business owners like you.
Masterminds are an incredible asset, particularly for smaller companies where there is no corporate structure to have an in-house CEO, CFO or controller, much less a Board of Directors to provide guidance. Your group will fill those roles for you and your business.
Growing in a group is not only more effective, it’s a lot of fun too!
Given the fast pace of tool technology, advancement in information systems and competition from abroad it makes having a Mastermind Alliance a necessity. It’s for all owners and their managers that want to thrive and grow and a great way to hedge your bet and avoid the risk of not achieving your goals and dreams! About the Author: John Hackley of Oculus Business Coaching.
Oculus Business Coaching provides consultation, 1-on-1 coaching and a series of Mastermind Alliance groups including the SIGN BUILDERS Mastermind Alliance, designed to help owners get out from underneath the rigors of “wearing all the hats” by enabling them to sell more, build better and profit for life!
For information visit www.oculuscoaching.net/mastermind or www.oculuscoaching.net for 1-on-1 coaching.